Enjoying alcoholic beverages for what they are worth is a pastime that many grown people enjoy as a way to relax or entertain. If you love spirits, wine, beer, or all three, and you love to entertain, you might consider adding a custom home bar to your home. Just where do you put one, and what goes into the design? Magazi Kitchens and Baths can get you started on your custom home bar design here.
Where to Put a Custom Home Bar
- Living room: The living room is your reception room, the sitting area where you might entertain guests. This room is a perfect place to put a custom home bar; you can make it open or conceal it in plain sight. Have a drink as you sit and chat!
- Dining room: Another popular location is the dining room. It makes sense to put one here, as you can enjoy a drink after you dine or during your meal. Continue the feast with the help of a home bar.
- Basement: The basement is the perfect space for a rec room and bar. Tucked away from the rest of the house, it can be your home’s entertaining hub.
What to Include in a Custom Home Bar
- Counterspace: Naturally, you need a stable place to prepare your drinks. A built-in countertop with lower cabinets or shelving will give you ample room to make a drink for yourself or a whole party.
- Storage: You will need storage for your glassware, bar gadgets, and alcohol. You might want some plates and cutlery for some snacks as well. Add storage for cleaning supplies. Your storage might look like closed cabinets, open shelves, or a combination.
- Sink: If you need access to water or want to wash up at the bar, consider making it a wet bar.
- Wine cooler: A wet bar can also have a wine cooler, mini fridge, or both. Store all your chilled alcoholic beverages, sodas, and refrigerated snacks in style.
- Seating: Make it a place where people can gather. If it is in the living room, the couch could be sufficient. If it is a full-on bar, include bar stools at the counter.
- Ambient lighting: The right lighting can showcase your glassware and set the mood. Magazi Kitchens and Baths can advise you on the best lighting for your home bar.
- Decorations: Complete the design with decor that wows your guests. Add wall art with a theme. Some people add a fish tank for extra interest.
Did any of these tips or ideas inspire you? Learn more about the possibilities with Magazi Kitchens and Baths in Maryland!
Working With Magazi Kitchens and Baths
Magazi Kitchens and Baths and A.G. Building and Remodeling will work with you to meet your budget and accomplish improvements that will make a statement and allow you to enjoy your space. Relying on 30 years of experience with kitchen and bath planning and remodeling, Magazi Kitchens & Baths works with you to understand your dream for the space. By combining the talents of a designer and installer that work together every step of the way, we ensure your project is built in the most efficient and economical way. Our work spans Montgomery, Howard, Baltimore, and Anne Arundel Counties, including the towns of Bethesda, Silver Spring, Rockville, Kensington, Olney, Gaithersburg, Columbia, Ellicott City, Annapolis, and more.